The 9th Annual Symposium on Global Cancer Research will be held virtually March 10-11, 2021, as a satellite meeting to the 12th Annual Consortium of Universities for Global Health (CUGH) Global Health Conference.
The Symposium is organized through a collaboration with the US National Cancer Institute Center for Global Health, CUGH, Dan L. Duncan Comprehensive Cancer Center at Baylor College of Medicine, Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins University, University of Maryland Marlene and Stewart Greenebaum Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), and the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR).
Call for Abstracts
The organizers invite all persons wishing to report original research, projects, or programs related to global cancer research and control to submit abstracts.
- Public health significance: addresses relevant public health question
- Methodology: methods chosen are appropriate for research, project, or program
- Overall impact: enhances understanding of global cancer burden/aims to improve global cancer control
- Clarity of ideas
Abstracts must include the following sections with the headlines:
- All abstracts must be submitted in English.
- Abstract maximum word count is 300.
- Abstract titles must be 250 characters or less and should not be submitted in all caps.
- Abstracts should not contain figures or tables.
- Only one abstract per person as presenting or first author may be submitted. (Note: There is a maximum of three abstracts total per author).
- Authors will be asked to select a topic area(s) relevant to their abstract at the time of submission.
The six topic areas have been identified from the International Cancer Research Partnership’s (ICRP) Common Scientific Outline (CSO) classification system. For definitions and more information on CSO codes, please visit https://www.icrpartnership.org/cso. The six topic areas include:
– Early detection, diagnosis, and prognosis
– Treatment o Cancer control, survivorship, and outcomes research
Abstracts must be submitted online by December 16, 2020 at 11:59pm EST.
Only abstracts that comply with all the above guidelines will be considered for presentation and publication. Authors will receive decisions and more information about the virtual platform and presentations via email January 2021. Accepted abstracts will be selected for poster and/or oral presentation and will be published later in 2021 in an AACR journal.
For event information, please visit the Symposium Website
For all questions regarding abstracts, please contact Linsey Eldridge: email@example.com