Annual Blended Diploma Course In Informed Consent and Foundations of Modern Bioethics
Duration: 2 months
- Foundations of Modern Bioethics
- Informed Consent and Management of Ethics Committees
Modality: The program comprises an online component with online lectures and discussion forum and weekend retreats where reviews and tests based on the online course content are held.
Funding: Registered students are provided course materials and textbooks courtesy the Center for Bioethics, Ibadan. Transportation and accommodation during the mandatory weekend stay at the Center is also provided free for participants sponsored by the Center for Bioethics and Research. Other sponsors are also required to satisfy this requirement before their trainees are accepted into the program
This program is generously funded by the United States’ National Institutes of Health Fogarty International Center and the National Human Genome Research Institute.
Intended participants: Nigerians with interest in research ethics who desire to acquire more competence in research ethics and bioethics but are unable to take advantage of the 18 months fully sponsored M.Sc. Bioethics program at the University of Ibadan and show evidence of ability to assimilate the materials used in the training program can apply. Preference will be given to:
- Members of Institutional Health Research Ethics Committees;
- Individuals who demonstrate opportunities to teach bioethics or incorporate it in their lectures;
- Individuals who demonstrate opportunities to apply the training in their work;
- Biomedical, social and behavioural science researchers;
- Community leaders and members of Community Advisory Groups/Boards;
- Journalists, and Patients’ and Research Advocates’
How to apply:
- Complete the CITI training on Informed Consent and the Nigerian Health Research Ethics module online at http://www.bioethicscenter.net and obtain the certificates
- Download and complete an application form here
- Send your completed application and your CITI Certificates to Centre for Bioethics, 102 Bashorun Road, Ibadan by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Closing Date: June 25, 2018.
All applications are to be submitted on or before June 25, 2018.
Check our website regularly for when applications open for this exciting annual training program. Hurry now and grasp this exciting opportunity.
For more inquiry, please contact us on email@example.com