Annual Blended Diploma Course in Informed Consent and Foundations of Modern Bioethics
Duration: 3 months
- Foundations of Modern Bioethics
- Informed Consent and Management of Ethics Committees
The program comprises an online component with audiovisual lectures and discussion fora, and in-person weekend retreats where participants review the course contents with faculty and are tested.
Registered students are provided course materials and textbooks courtesy of the Center for Bioethics and Research, Ibadan. Transportation and accommodation during the mandatory weekend retreats at the Center are also freely provided for participants by the Center for Bioethics and Research. Other sponsors are also required to satisfy this requirement before their trainees are accepted into the program.
Nigerians with interest in research ethics who desire to acquire more competence in research ethics and bioethics but are unable to take advantage of the 18 months fully-sponsored M.Sc Bioethics program at the University of Ibadan, Ibadan. Such persons who also show evidence of ability to assimilate the materials used in the training program can apply. Preference is given to:
- Members of Institutional Health Research Ethics Committees;
- Individuals who demonstrate opportunities to teach bioethics or incorporate it in their lectures;
- Individuals who demonstrate opportunities to apply the training in their work;
- Biomedical, social and behavioural science researchers;
- Community leaders and members of Community Advisory Groups/Boards;
- Journalists, and Patients’ and Research Advocates’
How to apply:
- Complete the CITI training on Informed Consent and the Nigerian Health Research Ethics module online at http://www.bioethicscenter.net and obtain the certificates
- Click here to download and complete application form
- Send your completed application and your CITI Certificates to Centre for Bioethics, 102 Bashorun Road, Ibadan by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Closing Date: May 22, 2021.
Please note that only duly completed applications submitted on or before May 21, 2021 will be considered.
Check our website (http://www.bioethicscenter.net) regularly for other training programs and exciting opportunities.
For inquiry, contact: email@example.com