Center for Bioethics and Research
The West African Bioethics is program for teaching, service and research in International Bioethics
The West African Bioethics training program is unique because it uses the opportunity afforded by its location in West Africa to research and train in Bioethics in English and French languages, both of which are widely spoken in the West African subregion
West African Bioethics Training Program supported MSc, MPhil/PhD program in Bioethics at the University of Ibadan
- West African Bioethics Training Program launches its postgraduate degree programs in Bioethics at the University of Ibadan
- WAB aims to take advantage of the rich cultural and colonial heritage of West Africa to develop robust research, training and service programs in Bioethics in West Africa.
- This postgraduate program aims to build capacity for the ethical review of health research and to strengthen the capacity of the Ethics Committees in institutions throughout West Africa.
- Furthermore, this program aims to produce bioethics experts who can contribute to the global bioethics discourse from a West African perspective
- The degree program is designed to run in modules so that each course can also be taken as a standalone short course by those interested.
M.Sc Bioethics at the University of Ibadan
M.Sc Bioethics – The Masters degree in Bioethics at the University of Ibadan admits students every year. The West African Bioethics Training Program is supported by NIH Research Grant No. R25TW007091 to Professor Clement A. Adebamowo of the University of Maryland, funded by the Fogarty International Center and the National Human Genome Research Institute.
For more information on The West African Bioethics training program, visit the training program website, Click here to go Now!
Free On-line CITI –IRB course
It is a free online bioethics training program. The CITI program is a subscription service which WAB has collaborated with to provide research ethics education to all members of the research community. Click on the first link below to know what courses to register for and the second and third links respectively to know how to register and complete the courses.
The Center for Bioethics and Research (West African Bioethics Training Program) announces new courses in Research Administration and Coordination As modern research grows in size and complexity, researchers, research organizations and institutions continue to appreciate [...]
Current WAB Newsletter | Volume 10 Issue 1
Key Articles in this issue;
- MSC Bioethics Trainees
- My Experience as a WAB Scholar
- New Intakes for 2016/2017 Academic Session
- Onsite/Institutional based step-down training
- Students and Faculty Training
- Appointments/ Achievements
- Online Collaborative Institution Training Initiative
- BeOnline Journal – Accepting Manuscripts for Review and Publication
- Journal articles published by WAB Faculty Members and Students.