Center for Bioethics and Research
Towards Capacity Development through Training! Research! Mentoring!
The Center for Bioethics and Research, Nigeria.
The Center for Bioethics and Research (CBR) which now includes the West African Bioethics Training Program (WAB) was established in 2004 through a grant from the Fogarty International Center (FIC) of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), with overarching goal of buiding bioethics capacity in West Africa…
Latest News, Events & Useful Articles
Research Ethics Training
Our various training courses on Research Ethics will expose you to the following:
- Protection of human participants in research
- Biobanking and biorepository
- Governance and sharing of data and samples
- Community engagement
The courses have now been redesigned to make learning more user friendly and interesting for you.
The program comprises an online component with online lectures and discussion forum and weekend retreats where reviews and tests based on the online course content are held.
This program is generously funded by the United States’ National Institutes of Health Fogarty International Center and the National Human Genome Research Institute.
Responsible Conduct of Research
This course is designed to inform you on the principles and practice of responsible conduct of research and it meet current United States guidelines for RCR training. This training is available in;
Explore other Training Programs
Volume 16 Issue 2
Key Articles in this issue;
- Masters’ degrees training programs in Bioethics
- New focus for the M.Sc. Bioethics degree program at the University of Ibadan, Nigeria
- M.Sc. Bioethics at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Nigeria
- MPH with Bioethics concentration at University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Nigeria
- Keynote speaker at the BESON Conference.
- CBR Blended Diploma in Research Ethics program
- Online Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) in collaboration with BRANY New York
- Announcing the library Management system of the Center for Bioethics and Research
Publications by MSc. Bioethics Students & faculty
- My Experience on the Blended Diploma Program of the Center for Bioethics and Research
- Onsite Local Health Research Ethics Committees and Health Researchers training
- Capacity Building on Research Methodology and Study design for NHREC
- New CBR Programs
- CBR e-Mentoring Program
- CBR Sexual Harassment and Safe Working Environment Training Programs
- Bridging Gaps in the ELSI of Data Science Health Research in Nigeria (BridgELSI)
- BeOnline Journal – Accepting Manuscripts for Review and Publication
- Information on Job Opportunities
- Closing Remarks
102 Bashorun Road, Ashi, Ibadan. P.O. Box 29822, Secretariat Post Office, Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria