This course is designed to inform you about the principles and practice of Responsible Conduct of Research and it meets current United States guidelines for RCR training including a minimum of 8 hours of face to face contact
Duration: 1 month
Content: Responsible Conduct of Research
Description: International researchers are often not aware of the standard and knowledge of RCR that is required of researchers in the U.S. The training will help participants to understand integrity, efficiency, reproducibility, and objectivity in implementing research projects. The course will provide participants with in-depth knowledge of core RCR topics. Upon completion of the diploma course, participants will receive a diploma certificate in Responsible Conduct of Research. Our diploma program enables you to receive the equivalent of a 3-credit course in RCR without spending time away from your office or primary assignment.
Modality: This is a one-month blended diploma program in RCR with
- Online component (online lectures, discussion forum and quizzes). The online lectures are hosted on the Center for Bioethics and Research website.
- Offline Component/Retreat is an interactive face to face weekend retreat where concepts are further clarified, discussions on case studies to examine RCR issues and how to resolve them are held and examinations conducted.
The training will teach participants about
- Research integrity and the accepted professional standards and norms in the conduct of research
Researchers, Research Team Members, Health Research Ethics Committees’ members and administrative staff, Institutional/Signatory Officials, Institutional Research Integrity Officers (RIO), Nurses, Physicians, Faculty, Postdoctoral Researchers and Principal Investigators
This includes Authorship, Collaborative Research, Conflicts of Interest and scientific objectivity, Data Management, Research collaboration, Mentoring, Publication and Peer Review, Plagiarism, Research Involving Human Subject, Research Misconduct and policies for handling misconduct, Using Animal Subjects in Research, Reproducibility of research results
How to apply:
Additional RCR opportunities at CBR
- Let us help your institution set up its Research Integrity Office. Contact us at email@example.com
- Want RCR training that is sufficient for U.S. Federal Regulations, see our RCR certificate course.