Students and Faculty Training
Rev. Fr. Olakunle Ewuoso – a graduate of W.A.B, received partial scholarship to attend Santander Scholarship workshop on theories and application organised by the Center for Ethics Education New york, from the 24th – 26th May 2016. He published an article on Bioethics Development in Nigeria, the article has been published by the Journal of Global Bioethics. Please click here to access the article
- Prof. (Mrs) Ebunoluwa Oduwole – A Faculty Member of W.A.B and Editor of the BeOnline Journal was appointed to serve as Dean of Faculty of Arts, and elected as Deputy Vice Chancellor of Olabisi Onabanjo University.
- Prof. Samuel Ayodele Jegede – A Faculty Member of W.A.B was appointed to serve as Dean of Faculty of Social Science, University of Ibadan.
- Prof. Ade Malomo – A Faculty Member of W.A.B was appointed to serve as Dean of Clinical Sciences, University of Ibadan.
- Prof. Ademola Ajuwon – A Faculty Member of W.A.B was appointed to serve as Deputy Provost, College of Medicine, University of Ibadan.
- Dr. Mrs Oluwatoyin Akintola – A Faculty Member of W.A.B successfully completed her Ph.D. program on ‘Future Unspecified Use of Tissue and Data in Biobank Research’ from the University of Southampton.
Online Collaborative Institution Training Initiative
As part of our partnership with the University of Florida Miami’s CITI program, we provided 478 online CITI trainings in Informed Consent, Responsible Conduct of Research and a specialized module on the Nigerian National Code for Health Research Ethics from January 1st to November, 2016 and 123 certificates for the TRREE program from January 1st to November, 2016.