The Center for Bioethics, Ibadan Introduces Annual On-line Diploma Course in Informed Consent and Foundations of Modern Bioethics
Duration: 2 months
Content: Foundations of Modern Bioethics
Informed Consent and Management of Ethics Committees
Modality: Lectures are given online and the program requires 1 weekend per month stay at the Center for Bioethics in Ibadan where reviews and tests based on the online course content are held.
Funding: Registered students are provided course materials and textbooks courtesy the Center for Bioethics, Ibadan. Transportation and accommodation during the mandatory weekend stay at the Center is also provided free for registered participants.
This program is generously funded by the United States’ National Institutes of Health Fogarty International Center and the National Human Genome Research Institute.
Intended participants: West African individuals with interest in research ethics who desire to acquire more competence in research ethics and bioethics but are unable to take advantage of the 18 months fully sponsored M.Sc. Bioethics program at the University of Ibadan and show evidence of ability to assimilate the materials used in the training program can apply.
- Members of Institutional Ethics Committees;
- Individuals who demonstrate opportunities to teach bioethics or incorporate it in their lectures;
- Individuals who demonstrate opportunities to apply the training in their work;
- Biomedical, social and behavioural science researchers;
- Community leaders and members of Community Advisory Groups/Boards;
- Journalists, and Patients’ and Research Advocates’
are especially encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
- Complete the CITI-IRB training on-line on Informed Consent and the Nigerian Module online here using our online courseware and obtain the certificates
- Download and complete an application form, click here to do so
- Include a statement on how you intend to use the Diploma training
- Application form and supporting documents should be submitted electronically; mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also send your CITI Certificates to Centre for Bioethics, 102 Bashorun Road, Ibadan by e-mail to email@example.com
Watch this space for further announcement on time and date for application.
For more inquiry, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org