The University of Twente has announced a vacant full-time position for a researcher in deep learning / ethical AI.
The successful applicant will integrate fairness or explainability techniques into deep learning workflows for classifying UAV imagery. The precise tasks under this theme will be discussed based on the applicant’s expertise.
This position requires a background in deep learning, photogrammetry, geographical information science (GIS), earth observation, and/or computer vision and must be confirmed by an excellent track record and proven programming skills.
The research output will be closely connected to the ITC UAV Centre. This Centre centralizes UAV activities at ITC and focuses on the development of educational material, capacity building projects, and consultancy services related to drones and UAVs. It is the intention that your research delivers open source code packages to be reutilized in these projects and can be integrated into the educational material produced by the Centre.
- integrate fairness or explain ability techniques into deep learning workflows for classifying UAV imagery.
- establish a research line on how to integrate explainable AI (XAI) or bias auditing mechanisms into deep learning workflows for Earth Observation and UAV data in particular;
- implement reliable and robust deep learning workflows;
- develop and share open codes for reproducible research;
- publish your results in scientific journals;
- present results at appropriate meetings and conferences;
- be involved in educational activities and designing educational material (optional);
- contribute to national and international project development (optional).
This offer is a full-time position in an inspiring and challenging multidisciplinary and international environment for two years. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement (CAO-NU) of the Dutch Universities.
- Gross monthly salary between € 3,270.00 and € 4,474.00 depending on experience and qualifications (job profile Researcher 4);
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- A solid pension scheme;
- A total of 41 holiday days in case of full-time employment;
- Professional and personal development programs;
- Costs for moving to Enschede may be reimbursed