The Queensland Bioethics Centre at ACU is looking for an outstanding scholar to participate in the development of a solidarity index for global health research and funding. Funded through a Wellcome Trust Discovery Award, the Research Associate will join an international collaboration aiming to push actors in the global health space to go beyond rhetoric to thinking and enacting measures for the practice of solidarity in global health. S/he/them will join a research team spanning Ghana, South Africa, Vienna, the USA, Australia, Canada, and Costa Rica that will develop an actionable tool that will allow actors and the public to measure how actors are living up to solidarity ideals and standards in global health.
This engagement is full time, fixed term for 2 years (15 September 2023 to 14 September 2025) based at our Brisbane campus with hybrid flexibility. It provides successful candidates with the following benefits:
- An excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
- Total remuneration valued to $88,818 – $120,100 total rem (pro rata) pa, including salary component $75,053 – $101,486 (pro rata) pa (Academic Level A), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
- 17% employer superannuation contributions to eligible continuing and fixed-term staff.
- Annual leave loading of an equivalent to 17.5% of four weeks’ salary pro rata payable, dependent on your commencement date.
- As an ACU staff member, you will have access to generous benefits which include but not limited to: Staff Rewards; a variety of leave provisions and salary packaging. Find out more information about the benefits or working at ACU here.
For successful candidates currently based overseas, ACU will provide support for visa sponsorship and relocation costs.
Applications close: 06-JUL-2023 at 11:59pm AUS Eastern Standard Time
For full position details, please refer to the Position Description.
General enquiries can be sent to Bridget Pratt, Mater Senior Lecturer in Healthcare Ethics – Queensland Bioethics Centre at: Bridget.Pratt@acu.edu.au